Friday, December 20, 2013

My ideal meal at Walt Disney World!


Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Red. Enjoy the ride as we share what we would choose for our Ideal Disney Resort Meal. 

For this month each of us is building our "Ideal Disney Resort meal." As such, I'll pick an appetizer, entree and dessert (and other menu items) from any number of Disney locations. Combined they form my one ideal meal.  And remember, there are no calories in the meals at Walt Disney World; and I apologize in advance for this relatively long post, but it's my last in this group which I'll address in my close.


Starting with a liquid refreshment, I may choose an adult beverage. Normally at a table-service restaurant I ask the server for their best recommendation of a dry red wine or craft beer, something different every visit. But a cold refreshing Pineapple Dole Whip Soft-Serve from Aloha Isle at the Magic Kingdom is also a wonderful start to a meal. And of course, a French Press Pot of 100% Kona Coffee from the Kona Café at the Polynesian accompanies my meal.

Next are appetizers. Of course I'm dining with my wife Mary Ann, but maybe one or two others; so more than one selection will do. The most exotic is a Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin from Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then we choose a platter of Artisanal Cheeses and accompaniments from our favorite restaurant, Flying Fish at the Boardwalk which we all can sample. Finally, a plate of Pork Dumplings with Sweet-n-Sour Sauce from the Poly again, at 'Ohana.


Of course, we can't forget the bread basket, so an order of Indian-Style Naan selections with accompaniments from Sanaa in Kidani Village needs to be brought for us to enjoy.

Now comes the Entrée, which was really the most difficult to choose since even during my most recent visit there were three meals that were set apart from most others I've had at Disney World the past.

The first is from our favorite restaurant Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. And while Mary Ann focuses on the fish of the day (or whatever she has never tried before), I look right to the best steak on property, the Char-crusted Angus New York Steak. Perfectly cooked, seasoned and presented. I'm drooling all over my keyboard!


But I just can't forget to list two other selections. Whenever I can, I will munch on the Roasted Pork Shank from Gaston's Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. But also during our last visit we dined at Raglan Road Irish Pub in Downtown Disney, and I just loved the Braised Beef with horseradish mashed potatoes and veggies (along with the live entertainment, party atmosphere, Guinness and Irish whiskey)

At some point in the meal you may need to order Ketchup from the Whispering Canyon Café at Wilderness Lodge. (If you're been there, you know what I mean.)


Finally it's time for dessert, and just like the appetizers, we order and place all our selections on the table for the group to share. Here they are: Zebra Dome's from Boma at AKL… anything from Ghirardelli's in Downtown Disney… Tie-Dyed Cheesecake from Pop Century… a Mickey Bar of course… but probably most of all, a plate of hot beignets, smothered in sugars (just heavenly, and wear a bib).

From Mary Ann and I, our children and grandchildren, please enjoy and be safe during the coming holiday season. Honor your friends and family, those still with us and others who have passed. Remember also, that we get to love and experience the most Magical and Happiest Place on Earth; so please consider contributing as much as you can to those not as fortunate are we are. Have a very Happy Holiday season and a wonderful New Year.

Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is GROWING UP DISNEY.
   
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ A World View
2nd Stop ~ Growing Up Disney
3rd Stop ~ Disney Donna Kay
Final Stop ~ Colorado Mountain Mom

NOTE TO MY READERS: This is my last post as a member of Magical Blogorail Red. I am taking a break from preparing monthly stories with this wonderful team of Disney enthusiasts. In fact, I'm reviewing how I will approach blogging in the future. My focus for a while will be my Disney Contests and Sweepstakes and Disney Bloggers Collection websites. I highly recommend Disney fans continue to check out the various Blogorail teams, particularly since you might find my guest posts as a "substitute" blogger every once in a while.

A World View - Enjoying Walt Disney World is your Disney destination information and vacation website. CLICK to add A World View to your "Favorites" menu and check back here regularly; or "Like" our A World View Facebook Page



Share/Save/Bookmark

26 comments:

  1. Excellent choices, Bruce! It's been a pleasure sharing a loop with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it has been my privilege to participate with so many like-minded Disneyphiles.

      Delete
  2. I can see my husband and you having a fabulous meal. I think you hit on all of his favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we need to meet up at Disney World one day and break bread - my next trip is the first week in December 2014.

      Delete
  3. All great choices (I think) Bruce! I'll have to admit that a lot of them I haven't had before, so thanks for expanding my horizon. As for dessert, though, I can't believe I forgot to even mention the beignets at the French Quarter!

    Bruce, it has been my distinct pleasure and honor to write with you -- stay in touch, my friend, and may you and Mary Ann and all your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments; and for me as well I have truly enjoyed this experience together... hopefully the relationship will continue and perhaps one day we can meet up a the "World". And, how did you forget the Beignets!

      Delete
  4. Yummy! Great ideas Bruce!! Some great new things for me to try - wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - and if you are into a steak, I highly recommend Flying Fish - it truly is the best steak on property.

      Delete
  5. Ooohhh... I read this in the morning, and you got my serious attention right off the bat with that Kona Coffee!! :) Wow, so many awesome ideas of things I'd love to check out now - thanks for sharing! We really need to try Flying Fish. And 'horseradish mashed potatoes' sounds deee-licious!

    Take care, Bruce. Thanks for sharing your love of Disney with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tami - and the steak that goes along with the potatoes just melts in your mouth. I too love the Kona Coffee - that Nescafe they use everywhere else is just awful.

      Delete
  6. French Press from Kona Cafe is a must! Thanks for being such a great part of the Magical Blogorail, and all the best with your upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's been very special for me to meet this way with all the great bloggers out there doing what I love to do.

      Delete
  7. Great post Bruce, I love all your choices and learning about different foods that I haven't tried before. So many of my favorites here - Zebra Domes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with all the selections at BOMA - and the Zebra Domes plus so many great desserts on the buffet - it's a must do visit every time we're there.

      Delete
  8. Wow - you would be rolled out of that meal, but it sounds fantastic!! So many great options! I've never heard Flying Fish for steak, but sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will need to carry me off to my room for two days rest - but it would be sooooo good!. I think it was AJ of the Disney Food Blog that first put me on to the steak at Flying Fish.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh Bruce- you will be missed!!! (And thank you for reminding us that there ARE no calories allowed on the Walt Disney World property! :D TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's kind of you to say - and I have truly enjoyed the participation. Now I'll just sit back and read all those great Blogorail stories every week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Great ideas Bruce. Several are some I've never had, so my list grows!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - we love to find new places to eat every visit - try to check off one or two on my list every time we're at the "World".

      Delete
  12. YUM!!! Personally, I'd take absolutely anything from 'Ohana. All these dishes sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they are - Mary Ann and I clearly visit restaurants on property as we do attractions - and have just as much fun!

      Delete
  13. Yummy choices! Especially Flying Fish! We too like to try new dishes on each visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our plan is to Dine with and Imagineer at Flying Fish during our visit next December. Can't wait for that first time experience.

      Delete
  14. Great choices! I especially love what you chose for dessert. We're going to miss you on the Blogorail! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. Aren't desserts the real reason we have table-service meals?

      Delete

What do you think? Comments are welcome.