Friday, February 15, 2013

My favorite reason for visiting Walt Disney World is Walt Disney World

Being there; that is my favorite experience at Disney World.


Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Red. Enjoy the ride as we share with you a few of our favorite Disney things.

It would be easy to start picking out my favorite things and favorite reasons for visiting the World. Epcot is my favorite Park, Flying Fish my favorite restaurant, Big Thunder Mountain my favorite attraction, Wilderness Segway my favorite Back Stage Tour, and Port Orleans my favorite resort.


There are more things I can easily pick out, especially around food (e.g. snacks, entrees, desserts and so forth). And the Monorail is actually one of my favorite "attractions", a great way to get from place to place and to appreciate the size and breadth of the resort as you watch from afar.

But it's not the stuff or the places or the things which are the absolute reasons I regularly visit Walt Disney World. For me, it's simply... just being there.

Put me on a bench in World Showcase, people watching, and I'm as happy as a clam. (I've always wondered about that phrase; why are clams so happy!). I can just sit and watch as guests from around the globe enjoy themselves in and around the Parks. Plus, the decorations and landscaping are always amazing, especially the topiary.


Then there are the children who find everything about their surroundings a new and exciting experience. Trying to imagine what a child is thinking outside the world is nearly impossible. But when at Disney World I know that whatever I am thinking about, most likely the children I see wondering the park are likely thinking the same things; and that is a special feeling... to occasionally simply absorb my surroundings and enjoy it just like a child would.


I also love to walk around the resorts, especially early morning. I'll get up early, before my wife Mary Ann, and walk over for a coffee in the food court area; and I'll take the long way just to enjoy the stroll. Walks in the early evening provide the same level of enjoyment for me. Watching people rushing to be somewhere else makes me wonder, where are they going? A restaurant and which one, back to the parks (and which one also), or maybe off-property. There is so much to do and see and enjoy at the Walt Disney World Resort, and I try to imagine where the people I see are going, or coming from.


Disney Parks are so different from any other tourist mecca. No where else have I found the level of detail in dress, design or experience. Customer service is very important to me, as is a welcoming enthusiastic staff. A "plus" for me is simply walking down Main Street or down any pathway in a Disney park or resort and even Downtown; amazed at the absence of litter and distractions from the outside world. This alone will encourage my return; but all of these experiences and feelings together assure we'll be back year after year.

Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is GROWING UP DISNEY.
 
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
A World View - Enjoying Walt Disney World is your Disney destination information and vacation website. CLICK to add A World View to your "Favorites" menu and check back here regularly; or "Like" our A World View Facebook Page

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Bruce - you wrote my thoughts exactly! My favorite thing about Disney is being there too. I just want to soak up as much Disney as I possibly can so I have it to carry with me at home. I, too, enjoy those times of simply sitting or strolling - and taking it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Bruce! Disney is definitely The Happiest Place On Earth, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts! I too love the resorts first thing in the morning. That is when they are at their prettiest, so quiet and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes have a hard time describing to people why I love to be immersed on the Disney property for a nice vacation chunk of time. You expressed it beautifully. :) There really is something to be said for "no distractions from the outside world"... no other vacation, at any other place, leaves me feeling that way like WDW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, love it! You inspired me to write a favorites of DW post myself. Thank you for all the wonderful info, I will be back...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments are welcome.