Friday, January 18, 2013

Breakfast begins a magical day at Walt Disney World


Welcome to those of you joining me from COLORADO MOUNTAIN MOM and those of you just hopping aboard. I am final stop on our Magical Blogorail.

I love breakfast. The morning meal, when taken at Walt Disney World, is simply a magical experience that I look forward to more than most items on my Disney vacation schedule.

Breakfast is the first attraction; the opening of a full day of activity, learning and fun. In fact, it's the initial interactive experience of the day. And what is also so special, are the many options to choose from that can make breakfast special.

Bruce and Goofy at breakfast. Beach Club's Cape May Cafe. 
First among the many are Character Breakfasts. Not only are the prices for breakfast events among the least costly of the day, logging one-on-one face time with your (and your child's) favorite animation star, checks off one of the must do's right away (like me and my good friend Goofy above).

Dining before opening in the park offers the benefit of arriving before everyone else for great picture venues. And you can park walking distance to the entrance; plus you'll be inside the gate ahead of the crowds when your meal is done.

Probably my favorite character meal (and also that of my granddaughters) is the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Norway in Epcot. Although I really like the meal selection, where else can you find a handful of Princesses to spend so much time with your party. I also love Crystal Palace (Pooh is front and center among stuffed animals on our bed). There are more dining choices I still need to try, like Chef Mickey's and Tusker House, but their time will come.

Character Breakfasts outside the parks offer many benefits as well. I like the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, but also the entire area around Crescent Lake. A morning walk enjoying the sights, visiting the resorts and breaking bread with Goofy and Minnie; I mean, does it get any better than that. 


Tonga Toast at the Polynesian's Kona Cafe
I always recommend Resort meals to visitors because they are a really important parts of a comprehensive Disney vacation. And, the options vary widely.

Probably my favorite resort meal is at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort. First, good coffee, including a 100% Kona Coffee French Press Pot. Then there's Tonga Toast, Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes and The Big Kahuna. Bring an appetite; and friends to share.

But you don't need a table service restaurant to have great selection. I actually would put the food court at the Pop Century Resort near the top of my resort breakfast list, primary due to the large variety of choices... platters and pastries and many sides to choose from ; plus the Pop Waffle really stands out. 


The Mickey Waffle found only at Disney Parks
Of course, what's breakfast without a traditional Mickey Waffle. I had mine at The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge our last trip; but they also can be found at Captain Cooks in the Polynesian, the food court at Caribbean Beach, at the Yacht Club, and the Grand Floridian. Mini-Mickey Waffles can also be found at various eateries, but I'm a old-timer and will seek out a full-size Mickey at least once a visit.

OK, you get the point. I love the breakfast meal. And at Walt Disney World, breakfast makes the magic appear right from the start of the day.

Thank you for joining Magical Blogorail Red this month. We will be back Friday, February 15th with an all new theme. Keep checking in with our blogs in between loops to keep up to date with our Disney info, photos and stories. If you are looking for more Disney magic, you can make your way over to The Magical Blogorail website to see all our members and their blogs, as well as all our previous loops.
  
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
A World View - Enjoying Walt Disney World is your Disney destination information and vacation website. CLICK to add A World View to your "Favorites" menu and check back here regularly; or "Like" our A World View Facebook Page

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. We too love Cape May Cafe! Even better after a great meal, you can stroll on over/take a boat to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. We have our ADR all set for next trip and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Mickey waffles at home, nearly every weekend. But nothing beats the designer model I can get at the World. No matter what batter I use, it just doesn't taste the same (and that's a good thing I think).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm. Tonga Toast. mmmmmmmmm. :)
    Rosanne @ The Disney Point

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tonga Toast was good, but I could only handle a bite - too sweet for me! But, it seems as though I should really at Cape May to my list...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day at Disney!! We usually try to do character meals and I haven't even thought about Askerhus Royal Breakfast with the princesses, that will be a "must do" when I get to go with Lexi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great overview! I can see I definitely need to get my family's Disney day started earlier with a great start like you describe. You make a good point with the breakfast being cheaper, too. We've always been on the dining plan, but that gets to be less and less of a deal. Next trip we may have to adjust our strategy!

    Thanks for sharing your great pictures and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments are welcome.